Monday, June 9, 2008

Free and Easy?

Well, summer is supposedly here, though you'd never know it by the weather. It has been chilly and rainy for weeks. My vegetables are lovin' it, but I'm ready for some heat...wait. I shouldn't say that too loud, because it will be smokin' hot before I know it. I take that back.

Even though we don't go to school, the summer schedule is a huge relief. The lessons and classes the kids were involved in this spring came to an end and we are all breathing a huge sigh of relief. This is week two of no schedule, no big plans, and the kids are working through the boredom and settling in to their own groove. I'm needing to be more disciplined about my work schedule at home (always a challenge). We've still got a few weeks before Macy's Theatre Camp begins (5 weeks, 7 seven hours a day, yikes!) so I'm relishing this time at home with all three kids.

We rode our bikes to Macy's theatre camp orientation yesterday, about 7 miles each way. The girls did great. I was so proud. We allowed ourselves loads of time and even stopped to play in the creek along the way. I would have normally borrowed a car, but we'd be talking about taking a long ride anyway, so we went for it. Charley stayed behind with a friend, so it was just us girls. They did awesome. At one point, Macy said she thought her heart was going to explode, but she had a smile on her face! Now that they've ridden that far, no more complaints about a 2 mile trip downtown!

No comments: